Fun activities you can do with your kids and family at home…
Oh my gosh, the kids are home from school due to the Coronavirus for who knows how long, and they are probably driving you crazy. Right!
Everyone is crammed into one household and you may be at your wit’s end trying to keep them busy so you can work from home or just keep your sanity.
But this is also a time where you can come together and have fun and build memories.
Here are 67 awesome ideas for activities you can do with your kids (and family) that will help.
When I was a kid, we didn’t have electronics or virtual anything for that matter. We got creative and played with our dolls and made up games.
As a mom and a grandma, AKA GiGi. I want to share things you can do with your kiddos to help you get through the Coronavirus crisis. But most importantly build memories during the tough times.
Activities to do with the kiddos
- Draw a picture
- Decorate your room or actually clean it first. LOL!
- Build something using wood (You can get free plans online to build just about anything)
- Build a model dragon
- Make paracord bracelets to give to friends or sell online
- Make a coffee table photo book. Example: a memoir of a favorite pet, a family vacation, a book of their life (baby picture to now)
- Learn how to Draw Art for Kids Hub
- Start your own youtube channel
- 100 things to do with your kids and resources https://www.yaktrinews.com/100-things-to-do-with-your-kids-during-coronavirus-closures/
- Create a puppet show using old socks
- Read them a book
- Make decorations, curate a playlist, and throw a family dance party, Here’s one my grandkids created
- Try a new cookie or cake recipe
- Build a treehouse
- Go camping in the living room
- Play board games
- Make an indoor garden
- Make Ice cream in a bag
- Video game to play with your kids
- Dress up in your best clothes and have a fancy dinner.
- Make slime. Instructions here.
- Make a piñata. Instructions here.
- Make and blow bubbles. Instructions here.
- Make rock candy. Instructions here.
- Have an indoor picnic.
- Make ice cream in a bag. Recipe here.
- Virtual Kids camp To Cool For School
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Play hide-and-seek with objects (one person hides them; others have to find them)
- Use Face Time, Google Hangout, Skype to have a virtual playdate
- Have them help with chores around the house
- Teach them how to cook a meal
- Prepare dinner together
- Listen to an audiobook or podcast.
- Virtual games with their friends online
- Read a book
- Create their own YouTube channel
- Build Legos
- Write a bucket list of things they want to do
- Make a music video
- Create a website
- Learn to play an instrument
- Teach your pet a new trick.
- Use Face Time, Google Hangout, Skype to talk to your friends
- Write a story or start a novel
- Paint the porch: https://artzyfartzycreations.com/how-to-paint-old-tile-to-look-fresh-and-new/
- Paint some furniture: https://artzyfartzycreations.com/dirty-pour/
- Paint a fun wall in the kids’ bedroom with leftover paint: https://artzyfartzycreations.com/fun-kids-room/
- Make decorative hardware for your cabinets and furniture (complete with video instructions)
- Organize your closets
- Organize your kitchen cabinets
- Take this time to do spring cleaning
- Listen to an audiobook or podcast
- Take a nap
- Learn how to paint your walls with common household items FREE eBook
- Have a pamper day with your daughter, paint your nails, do a facial
- Spend quality time with the kids (do things with them)
- Watch a sporting event with the kids
- Watch a family movie with the kids
- Have bible time reading scriptures
- Teach them how to fix things around the house
- Build a model airplane with them
- Daughter Daddy date night (cook a meal with them)
- Tell jokes (Alexa will tell you funny jokes)
- Teach them how to use tools and gadgets
- Paly a board game with them
- Ask the kids what they want to do
For Moms & Dads who have lost their jobs
This might be a good time to start your own business
- Customer Service Representative
- Data Entry Specialist
- Recruiting Coordinator
- Writer / Blogger
- Graphic designer
- Web Designer
- Start your own virtual paly date for others to enjoy
- Virtual Assistant
- Online Teacher / Tutor
- 50 business ideas for the 50+ women
- Turn your hobby into a business in 30 days
Get creative, build memories and enjoy your family. Take advantage of the time you have together.
Get my weekly blog with tons of fun DIY projects and business tips to build and grow your business.
Let’s connect on Facebook
Hope this was helpful.