So, how do you pick a business to start when you have so many ideas and you’re good at so many things? This is one of the hardest decisions for a creative person.
This was one of my struggles until I one day someone told me something I’ll never forget.
He said, “If you’re chasing too many dreams, you will never be an expert at any of them. Focus on one thing and do it well.”
Really think about what it is that you love doing and would do even if you weren’t getting paid for it.
Take this worksheet and stay laser-focused on what you would love to do as a business
Stay focused on what you LOVE to do, and do that one thing.
People want to hire an expert. Be known for that one thing you do well.
As your business grows, you can always expand and add more services or products to your business.
So, how do you know what business to start went you have so many great ideas? Ask yourself these questions:
- What do people tell you you’re good at?
- What questions do people ask you about?
- What do you absolutely love to do?
- What are you passionate about?
- What will people pay you for
- Is what you make/teach something others need or want?
- What excites you?
Then, answer these questions:
- What do I love to do?
- What would I do even if I wasn’t getting paid for it?
- How much could I sell my product/service for?
Select the one that keeps showing up. Then select the one that will make you the most money.
YAY! You’re off to a great start. Making the decision is always the hardest and the most exciting.
OK, you’ve picked a business to start… NOW, WHAT?
Now that you know what you want to do, there are a few more things that you need to get done before you tell the world.
Here are a few resources that will help you get started.
Here I will give you tips and advice that will guide you in the right direction.
- Create a business name (read this before you select a name)
- 5 Tips to start your own business
- Still not sure what business to start? Here are 50 online business ideas to help you.
Hope this was helpful. I look forward to seeing you in the group.
Don’t forget to download your worksheet!